Version 2.6 is now available.

Restore from Backup

For any questions and suggestions please use this forum
maxmatics

Restore from Backup

Post by maxmatics » Tue 23. Jul 2019, 06:35

Hi:

All my flashcards got deleted after I created a backup. I had 20 stacks and 485 flashcards. I am using Pro Version 2.6.

I am trying to restore my flashcards from the backup. How can I do that? The backup is there but I cannot find the way to restore the flashcards.

Thank you for your help! I love your app and I always recommend it to my friends!

Muneer

Edward
Administrator

Re: Restore from Backup

Post by Edward » Sat 14. Sep 2019, 15:39

Dear Muneer,

sorry for my late reply.

To restore your backup you have to tap on the restore icon (it's the icon with the counterclockwise arrow. See the image below).

Best regards

Edward
Click here to download the Flashcards App. Hier klicken um die Lernkarten App herunterzuladen.

phuccaoo

Post by phuccaoo » Tue 1. Oct 2019, 08:16

Yes I did as you said, but when the app returns to the main layout with a "Backup Restored" notification, nothing is there!?

Edward
Administrator

Post by Edward » Sun 6. Oct 2019, 12:40

Is this only the case with this specific backup?
To check if it's a general issue you could create a stack with only one or two flashcards in it, then create a backup and after that restore the backup.

Also, could you please tell me what exact device and Android version you are using? This would help me to find the error.

In the next few days I will release another update that will improve the backup feature and introduce cloud-backups.
That way backups are safe even if the device gets lost or broken. Maybe this will also fix the issue that you are having with the backup-restoration.

Best regards

Edward
Click here to download the Flashcards App. Hier klicken um die Lernkarten App herunterzuladen.